Waiting on Wednesday - Perfect Ruin

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine where we post upcoming releases we're highly anticipating. My pre-publication selection for this week's Waiting on Wednesday is Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano.

Perfect Ruin
Lauren DeStefano
Series: Internment Chronicles, #1
Release Date: October 1st, 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Waited on by: Blythe

Add to Goodreads

On Internment, the floating island in the clouds where 16-year-old Morgan Stockhour lives, getting too close to the edge can lead to madness. Even though Morgan's older brother, Lex, was a Jumper, Morgan vows never to end up like him. She tries her best not to mind that her life is orderly and boring, and if she ever wonders about the ground, and why it is forbidden, she takes solace in best friend Pen and her betrothed, Basil.

Then a murder, the first in a generation, rocks the city. With whispers swirling and fear on the wind, Morgan can no longer stop herself from investigating, especially when she meets Judas. He is the boy being blamed for the murder — betrothed to the victim — but Morgan is convinced of his innocence. Secrets lay at the heart of Internment, but nothing can prepare Morgan for what she will find — or who she will lose.

This one sounds so awesome. I'm all for the concept of a floating island, because hello, floating islands can never not equate to awesomeness. Add to that awesome concept an incredibly hyped author amongst friends of mine and a murder mystery, and I am very anxiously anticipating this release. 

Also, a 2013 release date! Wooo!

What are you waiting on?

 Let me know in the comments!

11 comments :

  1. Ooh yes! I am loving murder mysteries lately, so this is another one to add to the list. I haven't read any of DeStefano's works but I am certainly curious.

    Great pick, Blythe! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    follower on bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-55-all-that-glows.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Giselle are twins today!! This sounds awesome!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind is blown every time I look at this cover! Wonderful pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for this one! It looks so good and I love that she lives on clouds. It's so different.

    My WoW:
    http://vampireandotherparanormalthingsqueen.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply adored Wither and can't wait to see what DeStefano will deliver this time around. I misread Internment for Internet, whoops! Shows how much time I'm stuck on it, hehe.

    Great pick Blythe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing. I didn't know about it.

    Andreea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great--I hadn't heard about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really looking forward to this :D the premise sounds so awesome and that cover is just asdfjkl; amazing :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at that....oh...I'm going to have to add this one. Thanks and THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sound of this one too-I've enjoyed DeStefano's work before and I definitely want to check out this new world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog!